As you may have seen on our Facebook page a few weeks ago, we posted a video from our GA office on our wheel washer and how it works! We’re so excited to share this with you guys, so we’re providing a more in depth breakdown so you’re in the know!
Before we start, we need to talk about safety!
- Don’t wear loose clothing, lanyards or whistles that could get caught up in the machine.
- Tuck the laces in. We don’t want them caught in the machine either!
- Wear safety goggles or glasses. Just in case!
What you need:
- 5 gallon bucket
- Mighty Clean skate cleaner
- Hot water
- Dump the cleaner in the 5 gallon bucket of hot water (wear gloves)!
- Now that the mixture is in there, activate the machine and push the food pedal to get the brushes covered with solution. Do this before you actually put the skates on!
- Now take the dirty skate and with two hands, rest it on the brushes. Note: don’t press down hard, as it can damage the brushes. Move it side to side while brushes are spinning.
- Put the skates on a towel to dry off.
*If your skates are really dirty and need a deep clean, soak them in a pan of solution about 5 to 6 minutes before running them on the brushes.*
Easy as pie! If you’re ready to get started or have any more questions, please give us a call at 540-342-7871. We look forward to hearing from you and happy washing!