With holiday season in full swing, it is important to remember to give back this holiday season. Whether through your company, religious organization or with your family, giving back will help you and your community.
- Organize or participate in a food drive
- Start a service project or volunteer your time with your employees
- Invite customers to donate
- Match employee donations
- Show employee appreciation
- Donate items from your store
- Donate a portion of your proceeds
- Wrap presents for a cause
- Throw a gratitude party for the community
- Donate some novelties to a local after-school program, adoption center, or children’s hospital
If you have overstock or ordered extra of a novelty for the skate rink, this would be a great opportunity to donate to a local charity.
One of the best suggestions from the list above is starting or working on a service project with your employees. Not only are you creating something tangible while giving back to the community but you are also facilitating a team building day with your staff. Most often service projects are activities you have not done with your employees before and can re-invigorate and reunite a staff after the fall rush.
Another great idea from the list would the the gratitude party. One options is to do a free skate for the community. Whereas, another option is to do a discounted rate and have a portion of the sales go to a local charity.
Opening up your skate rink to the community will create a ton of buzz around your brand. First, it will show you care about the community, causing the community to care more for your business. It will bring in all types of new customers,Â many will become return customers.