- Skating is good great cardio – According to the CDC, heart disease is responsible for 25% of the deaths in the U.S. It is recommended that everyone get at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise 5 days a week, but most people don’t. But if you pick an exercise you enjoy, like skating or playing a sport, then you’ll be much more likely to stick with it.
- Skating burns calories – On average, skating burns roughly 528 calories per hour. That’s high for a such a relatively leisurely activity.
- Skating builds core strength – Nobody likes doing crunches, and skating is a great alternative! Maintaining balance on skates takes more than just leg muscles, it also engages your core abdominal muscles.
- Skating is low impact – Skating is less harsh on your joints than activities like running. This also makes roller skating a good physical activity for skaters of all ages.
- Skating builds leg muscles – No one likes leg day (that’s part of the reason there are so many jokes about it). Thankfully, skating is a great workout for your legs too.
- Skating manages stress – Part of being healthy is about managing stress. Physical activity is great for stress, especially if it’s an activity that you enjoy
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on all the latest skating rink tips and industry news to keep your skating center running smoothly. And of course, make sure you are well stocked on all the latest skates, skating rink equipment, and novelty toys for your skating rink.