Online reviews are a big source of stress for many small business owners, but they donâ€™t have to be! While itâ€™s true that negative reviews can hurt your business, thereâ€™s actually a lot more to it than that. Read on to learn why online reviews are so important, and how you can make them work in your favor.
Why Do Reviews Matter:
- Reviews affect local SEO – Online reviews affect how search engines rank your business on their result pages.
- They affect sales – Itâ€™s a known fact that customers spend more money at businesses with 4 star or higher reviews than they spend at businesses with low reviews.
- You should care what your customers think! – How your customers feel about your business is generally an indication of how youâ€™re doing as a business owner (mostly).
How to Get Good Reviews:
- Get â€˜em while theyâ€™re happy – You have happy customers, so simply ask them to go online and share their experiences! Often itâ€™s just when someoneâ€™s frustrated that theyâ€™ll take the time and effort to go online and leave a (negative) review. Itâ€™s not that you donâ€™t have perfectly satisfied customers, itâ€™s just that most people wonâ€™t go to the effort if they donâ€™t have some reason to do so. Train your staff to respond to praise with â€œThank you so much! If you get a chance, it would mean a lot to me if youâ€™d go online and leave us a review!â€
- Make it easy – Display signs (or even better, QR codes) to the site or sites youâ€™re trying to get good reviews on. Simply directing your customers to a review site lets your clients know that you care about your reviews.
- Turn Your Negative Reviews into Positive Reviews – Even if you get a negative review, you can turn it into a positive! HowÂ you respond to criticism shows your customers that you careÂ — itÂ can even improve your brand perception.