If you want to increase revenue at your skating center, special events are a great way to get skaters in the door. You can plan a Valentineâ€™s Day Skate, host a community fundraiser, or plan a Princess and Plates tea party for moms and daughters this March. But once itâ€™s on the calendar, whatâ€™s the best way to promote your event?
How to Promote a Skating Event
- Social media. Where are your customers looking? Not at billboards, flyers, or magazine ads. Theyâ€™re looking at their phones! Did you know that over 1 billion people log onto Facebook every day? Capture their attention with sneak previews, behind-the-scenes pictures, and videos from your last big holiday skating party.
- Call on the community. Is there a non-profit organization you frequently donate to? Is there an elementary school event you could use to market your skate event? Look for opportunities in the community and partner with other organizations to get the word out.
- Talk about it. After all, many of your customers are already on the skating floor! Donâ€™t forget to make announcements about upcoming events, talk about holiday promotions duringÂ skating lessons, and tell your team to talk up the next big skating party.
- Offer incentives like a discount for coming in costume, a 2-for-1 BOGO special, or a free skating pass to anyone who attends your special event. People love giveaways (and youâ€™ll love the nightâ€™s snack bar profits).
- Invest in novelty toys. Plastic crowns, bouncy balls, and novelty candy can take your event to the next level with minimal cost on your end. Make the effort to make your event extraordinary.
Stock up the Pro Shop before your next big skate event with a little help from Southeastern Skate Supply.