Are you struggling to get in shape this summer? Here are five more reasons to cancel your gym membership and pick up a skate to achieve your summer body.
- Improves endurance. In addition to muscle strengthening, roller skating can also improve your endurance. Grab your skates and go outside! Â Along the way, add a few uphill climbs to train your muscles and cardiovascular system to use the bodyâ€™s energy more efficiently, so in the end, youâ€™ll be able to skate longer and do more intensive workouts without being exhausted.
- Improves balance. According to Health Fitness Revolution, roller skating helps improve balance with the help of your abdominal and lower-back muscles (since you must maintain a solid core in order to remain upright).
- Itâ€™s social. You can roller skate with friends, family or even with your pet (with your furry friend on a leash of course). Social interaction is a big part of your health, so next time youâ€™re feeling down, call your friends, lace up your skates and head to the nearest roller rink for a good time!
- Can be done anywhere. Why limit yourself to only exercising in the gym? With skating, you can go anywhere your feet will take you. Free yourself from the captivity of a smelly gym, grab a pair of skates and smell the fresh air.
- No membership fees. There are no monthly fees with roller skating. Grab your skates and roll out!
Of course roller skating will not replace the old fashion â€œsit-up,â€ but itâ€™s certainly a way to be healthy and have fun while doing it.
Leave a Reply