- Improves endurance. In addition to muscle strengthening, roller skating can also improve your endurance. Grab your skates and go outside! Along the way, add a few uphill climbs to train your muscles and cardiovascular system to use the body’s energy more efficiently, so in the end, you’ll be able to skate longer and do more intensive workouts without being exhausted.
- Improves balance. According to Health Fitness Revolution, roller skating helps improve balance with the help of your abdominal and lower-back muscles (since you must maintain a solid core in order to remain upright).
- It’s social. You can roller skate with friends, family or even with your pet (with your furry friend on a leash of course). Social interaction is a big part of your health, so next time you’re feeling down, call your friends, lace up your skates and head to the nearest roller rink for a good time!
- Can be done anywhere. Why limit yourself to only exercising in the gym? With skating, you can go anywhere your feet will take you. Free yourself from the captivity of a smelly gym, grab a pair of skates and smell the fresh air.
- No membership fees. There are no monthly fees with roller skating. Grab your skates and roll out!
Of course roller skating will not replace the old fashion “sit-up,” but it’s certainly a way to be healthy and have fun while doing it.